As Americans, we have many rights that we hold dear. One of our most often quoted rights is “innocent until proven guilty” and with good reason! This right is in place to make sure every citizen is given the right to a fair trial, ensuring that accusations alone aren’t enough to imprison someone. Hand in hand with that right, is the right to bail. Today we will go over what bail is, and how to post bail with the assistance of a bail bondsman when you need it.
What is Bail?
Bail is a set monetary amount that is paid to the court in order to secure release from jail. The monetary amount is set by the judge during a bail hearing, and can ranged from relatively inexpensive amounts, to tens of thousands of dollars. If you are unable to afford bail, you have the right to bail bonds, through a bail bondsman.
How To Post Bail Through A Bail Bondsman
- Contact a licensed bail bonds agent, such as the experts at 916-663-2245. We are licensed, and very experienced at assisting clients.
- Give the bail bonds agent as much information as possible about the arrest, including the date the arrest took place, the charges, the county, the client’s name and date of birth.
- Wait for the bail bondsman to speak with the jail, and secure your release. The bail bondsman will pay your bail to the court for a small percentage of the total bail amount.
- After release, work on your case with your lawyer.
- You MUST show up at your scheduled hearing dates, or you will be arrested again, and you may forfeit your right to bail.
To learn more, or to get started now, give us a call at 916-663-2245 now!